The good news about periodontal disease (gum disease) is that most people can reverse this problem by following some basic steps.
- Brush twice a day (especially at night & after breakfast) with fluoride toothpaste for three minutes for a healthy clean and plaque free mouth. Brush three teeth together and three surfaces(from the top, inside &outside)
- It’s not the brush but the brusher.” Says Dr. Ekta Chadha .It means that the exact type of brush you use is not nearly as important as your brushing technique and diligence. Your toothbrush should always be at 45 degree angle while you brush Always brush in a circular motion rather than the standard side to side or up and down.
- Floss daily, clean your tongue and use an antibacterial mouthwash to reduce the bacteria in your mouth. Even rinsing with warm saline water is as effective.
- Eat healthy to keep your teeth wealthy.
- Rinse thoroughly with water or mouthwash after every meal or snack.
- Get your teeth cleaned professionally on a regular basis and ask your dentist about the condition of your gums.